iMovie help- IMPORTANT!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by idkew, Apr 15, 2003.

1. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    Ok, this is really pi$$ing me off.

I have made an entire iMovie for a class presentation. One video track, two audio tracks. Tiles, transitions... everything. (in iMovie 3.0.2)

When i export as a VCD, i get audio just fine. THe problem is, the DVD player in the classroom can not play a VCD, so I want to export as a MP4.

Well, whenever I export as anything BUT a VCD< the audio track dissapears! It just does not seem to export it, even though i select an audio track in expert settings.

Any clue? The presentation is Thursday morning, so i need help fast!

Please give me a hand, this needs to happen. Two more weeks and I am done with college, but I need this to graduate.

2. dotcomlarry macrumors regular

3. Macpoops macrumors 6502

unless the DVD player is brand spanking new i don't think it can play MP4 files. Mpeg2 is the standard DVD format. I think some players are capable of playing Mpeg1 too. Considering the Mp4 standard just came about recently i don't know of any players that support it. That is not to say their aren't any but that i just haven't heard of any

4. Mac til death macrumors regular

if there's an apple store in your area or within a short distance, you could just burn the iMovie file to a cd and take it there. They should let you use an in store computer to burn the DVD as long as you buy the media from them.

You might want to call first just to check.

I haven't had any problems with iMovie 3.0.2 creating 2 movies for school. I've just exported them as mp4 and used my dad's powerbook to put the movies on VHS via s-video.

Anyway, I hope something I said was useful. ;)

5. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

i had this happen once......i just borrowed a friends laptop, hooked it up that way....and just played the movie off the computer...its not an answer to your problem..but a alternitive way if nothing works out for you.

6. idkew thread starter macrumors 68020

idkew

you guys kinda helped, but does anyone know why i get no sound on export?

i can play the mp4 through a computer, so that is not an issue for any dvd player.

i could plausably use my tibook to play the movie, but i am not sure about the sound connections. svideo will work....

and- i own no vhs machine.

i will have to look into that, but my real goal is to just pop a cd in the pc's drive and press play in WMP.

7. Mac til death macrumors regular

I don't know why you wouldn't be getting any audio. I'm using the newest 3ivx codec and it works great with iMovie 3.02...

You may not worry about exporting it at all.

If you can find a VCR, just get the adapters you need to hook your headphones jack up to the audio in and likewise using the s-video to composite adapter included with your Ti-Book.

Then use the Fullscreen playback button within iMovie itself...

worth a try I guess....

EDIT: 3.0.2 :)

8. dotcomlarry macrumors regular

You could buy a relatively inexpensive mini-jack to male RCA cable, and hook it into your headphone port on your TiBook. I've played DVDs on projectors using the S-Video and the described cable many times, and it works rather nicely.

9. idkew thread starter macrumors 68020

idkew

thanks for all the suggestions, but does anyone know how to make the sound export?

i just don't know what i will be faced with at the classroom... i just would like not to have to jump behind the computer. a mp4 played full screen is sooo much easier.