Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
I am imported a bunch of mini dv movies into iMovie.

I was in the middle of a 2 hour import session involving numerous tapes and didnt think to save and exit between tapes. Anyways, at the end I highlighted about 5 files and dragged (drug?) them to the trash. Well, iMovie crashes.

When I reload, something odd had happened. Those 5 clips as wells as about 80+ others had been moved to the trash (trash is 18.7gb!). I cant figure out how to remove clips from trash back into the project. Help was no Help.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?? Thanks.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Are you dragging them straight from the trash to your iMovie project? Try dragging them onto the desktop first, and then from there moving them into iMovie.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Open up your iMovie trash by clicking on the trash icon where it says 18.7GB and then either select all to highlight them all and drag them back to the Clips frame - or move them over one by one.

This happened to me the other night - most frustrating since the clips were all mixed up in iMovie's trash so I had to manually resort them.

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
iMovie seems to be buggy for me. i tried the drag to the clips frame a couple of times since iMovie helps says "you can just drag them". no luck.
I restarted to see if I missed an option at start and the drag/drop worked this time.
However, I am very angry :mad: :mad: :mad: that the over 80+ clips are all out of order. I cant manually redo all of that.

After some searching, it seems that iMovie doest provide sorting similar to iTunes and other programs. Big bummer :(

I am going to try FootTrack which was suggest in an Apple support forum.

Has anyone had success sorting/cataloging movies in FootTrack?

Applespider

macrumors G4
slackersonly said:
mHowever, I am very angry :mad: :mad: :mad: that the over 80+ clips are all out of order. I cant manually redo all of that.

I hear ya... I ended up resorting 286 though... so it can be done ;)

But it is very, very annoying - I did send Apple feedback to that effect since it struck me as entirely bizarre that there was no way to search by timeline/by size of clip/by name etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.