iMovie & iDVD question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zaid, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Zaid macrumors 6502

I'm trying to create a DVD that has more than three of my iMovie projects on it. I'm pretty certain that I'm missing something blindingly obvious, but I can't seem to get more than one iMovie into an iDVD project.

When I use the share -> iDVD approach it automatically creates a new iDVD project. Is there another way to export it to an existing iDVD project?

Thanks

Zaid

2. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

You're approaching it from the wrong angle. You don't need to share from iMovie at all.

iLife is integrated.

Go to iDVD and create a menu. Then switch to the 'Media' tab and select 'Movies'. Your iMovie projects should appear in the window below. Select each one individually and drag them onto the main DVD menu window. They will each appear as a button that will link to your movie. If you go to iDVD preferences there is a handy option about importing chapter markers. I set it to "ask every time". Then, when you drag a movie with chapter markers on it onto the main DVD menu window it will ask you if you want to import them (and thus create a scene selection submenu) or not.

Bottom line: do everything from within iDVD, not iMovie. You can have as many movies as you like, as long as they fit on the DVD.

(EDIT: Note that when you drag movies onto the DVD menu, make sure you put them on a blank bit (i.e. not a drop zone) if you want to link to them. Some iDVD menus have drop zones where you can drag movies to play on but they won't link to them.)

3. Zaid thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheers!!

Knew I was missing the obvious :)