iMovie Problems...Help!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Groovsonic, May 23, 2003.

1. Groovsonic macrumors regular

Mabye I am just doing something wrong, althought I don't know what. I have been working on a project in iMovie 3.02, and when I play it back, the sound slowly get all out of sync, so by about 2 min. into the movie, it looks like bad godzilla movie dubbing, and by about 5 minutes, it is unbearable. This is a problem because I want to export to movie back to my camcorder. Also, when I export to quicktime, it dosent pay attention to my sound level adjustments, so I export it, and i just get what is supposed to be quiet music blaring at me, and background noise I took out, and stuff I faded down playing at full volume. As you can imagine, this sucks. Has anyone else had this problem or know what I can do to remedy it? I am kind of getting worried becuase this is for a friend of mines final project for school, and he needs it, and I cant seem to get it off of the computer for him. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    this is a known problem. to get past this install iMovie 2 to export. create the movie with iMovie 3, save and open it up in iMovie 2 (iMovie 2 read iMovie 3 files) and export. pain in the but but it works. could also be the file your working with. i had a problem where i decoded a DivX into a DV stream and it got a little out of sync. the fix for that was i dled an applescript that exports the file in smaller sections and then it doesn't get out of sync. i hope one of those helps you out. I've been ripping my hair out finding these fixes for a few project i'm working on lately.

3. Groovsonic thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I'll try it when I get home.
    Hope it works... (crosses fingers)

4. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    hey no problem, let me know how things work out.