iMovie questions....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Scotty476, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Scotty476 macrumors newbie

I have never used imovie so I have a few questions. First I am a graduate student and have to make a group presentation on video. I saw that you can use isight to record video clips and use them in isight. What I would like to do is have the presentation be a combonation of video clips and either powerpoint or keynote and all be done on iMovie. Is this possible. Can you import powerpoint or keynote into imovie and also have some sort of voice over. I have an 500mhz ibook dual usb with 630 megs of RAM. Is this going to be more trouble than it is worth. The project has to be around 20-30 mins. Thanks for your help.
    Scotty

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

With Keynote yes, just export as Quicktime mov and select your settings there (probably need DV but I can't remember if that is an option). Not really that sure of Powerpoint, but Powerpoints will open in Keynote. Voice overs are simple too, there is a record button in iMovie. The iSight thing might be a problem, because unless you have ordered iLife 04 then you won't have iMovie recording of the iSight. Though I know Premiere 6.5 and think QT Broadcaster will record iSight streams. Good luck.