iMovie Resources?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ericnovember, Dec 8, 2003.

1. ericnovember macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm not new to MacRumors, but new to the boards. And most importantly, not new to Mac's (smile) as I've been on this train since the MacPlus... anyway, I digress.

Just wondering if anyone can give some advice on any references, books, or sites for iMovie 3 or FCE I can purchase. I'm beginning some dabbling with video.

Any info would go far, thanks.

EY

2. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

FCE for Dummies
    I taught myself iMovie and eventually Final Cut Pro. Much like Photoshop, it just takes a lot of playing around. I did my first two major videos (more than 15min) on iMovie, then grudgingly did a project without a deadline on FCP. The more you dink around, the more you learn.

3. ericnovember thread starter macrumors newbie

the more I 'dink' around - I like that, I'll look into that book. thanks kingsnapped.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I second this book. I made it through the book (in brief) over the course of an evening (skipping a few things that I wasn't going to use) and felt pretty good about using FCE. Of course I'm no pro yet, but the program was by far less intimidating and easier to play around with.