Imovie Rookie - basics

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bigbop@mac.com, Aug 30, 2006.

1. bigbop@mac.com macrumors member

I'm trying use IMovie to put together a film of my recent trip to Thaliand. It's the first time I've used it and I'm a tad "green" to say the least! I have IMovie 5.0.2 which i understand is quite old now. I'm having problems editing some stuff I'm working on. I read the help guides and decided to use the Magic Movie facility. I uploaded about 60 mins of footage from a tape and everything was fine. I then put the next tape in my video cam and uploaded that too.It didn't go straight into the clips footer at the bottom like the 1st tape did but went to the side bar instead. Then when I saved everything and quit and went back into there was no trace of the footage from the 2nd tape and the 1st tape stuff is now a finished IDVD. I can't for the life in me find the other footage or work out how to edit the movie. I can't believe that you have to finish a whole movie at one sitting. So how do I go back to it to edit further and add audio teaks ad more footage etc. I'm hoping I've missed something really basic and don't have to start from scratch.

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Look in the trash can, maybe it put it there??? :confused: :eek: You should be able to do 2 tapes no problem. I have before it worked fine

3. bigbop@mac.com thread starter macrumors member

Sorted it! Was fine fine when went back in later.

Next dumb question is how do I erase video project from the hard rive when don't need anymore? Can't seem to find way to dumo them in the trash

4. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Take the file (should be in your movies folder) and drag it on into the trash. The file has all of the contents from the movie, all the clips and everything else in it. Erase that and your video goes bye bye :)