iMovie: Saving clips/chapters as seperate files when exporting to QT.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2006.

1. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

I have a dv footage which has bout 30 clips and I`ve already burned it to DVD using iDVD. I made 15 chapters in this footage(using iMovie chapter marker) and it works fine in the dvd.

Problem comes when I export it to a QT file(H.264 btw) so as to keep a copy of my footage in the MacBook itself. Now afaik, The whole iMovie project will be exported to one single file instead of seperate files for either the clips or the chapters. I`d much better like these clips to be saved as individual files instead. The only option I have is to seperate the clips once it is completely exported to mov file using QT Pro. But I`ve tried that and it`s a really frustrating job to find and pin point that exact location where you want to break the clip using those extremely small QT markers.

Now is it somehow possible to save these clips in the iMovie project as seperate files automatically. Or maybe, some queuing up function for iMovie using which I can tell it to export the clips the way I want(like we have in handbrake).

2. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

3. timhuggins macrumors newbie

maybe...

I had the same question / problem.

What I ended up doing, was just selecting the chapter(s) I wanted to export in iMovie; choosing "Share..." (as a QuickTime movie"); and then you see a little check box at the bottom of the dialog box that says, "Share selected clips only."

You'll have to do them one at a time, but it's much easier than trying to find the insert points in QTPro.