Imovie to DVD help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SBik2, Dec 5, 2006.

1. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

i went to burn project in iMovie for a trip movie from our vegas trip and i put it in my dvd player (DVD+R) i know that disc plays on that player becuase it burns to these disks. What am i doing wrong?

2. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

I'm sorry, I'm lost--what happened? Did the disc eject? A dialog box opened saying the media wasn't supported? Saying that the project was too long?

Or did it burn/verify successfully, but it won't play on your tabletop/stand alone DVD player?

3. SBik2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

SBik2

ya my macbook burned it successfully but my dvd player said "disc not compatible" and if im right i remember imovie saying that it would burn a dvd that doesnt play in DVD players so can you tell me how to burn it so it would play in a DVD player

4. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Not sure I understand your problem/question, but you should burn to DVD-R for wider compatibility.

5. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

Yeah, what MrSmith said--+R is a fussy medium for tabletop DVD players. Some accept it, others do not. I think the older the DVD player, the more problems you're going to have. Reburn to a -R disc. I've never had problems with -R in the hundreds of discs I've burned.

Now, if it's a +R DL, there's a problem because I don't think the Macbook writes to -R DL.

Mine says:

DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL

But if your project is ~90min in length, it shouldn't need the DL.