iMovie to PSP?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by marcelo002, May 30, 2006.

1. marcelo002 macrumors member

I'm trying to convert and place a movie from iMovie directly to the PSP. Is there any program that will do this automatically for me?

If not, maybe someone knows the best and fastest way to convert it and put it on the memory card. The movie is in HD widescreen format, and I need to keep it in that format. I'd like to get the best resolution possible on the PSP, naturally.

Thanks in advance

2. GhostFace macrumors member

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'll say this assuming the PSP handles anamorphic stuff just fine. You should probably export it full quality to Quicktime, and then use FFMpegX to resize it. It has a preset for the PSP.

4. marcelo002 thread starter macrumors member

Right now, what I'm doing is save it as an .mov in full quality from iMovie. This takes about an hour for 8 minutes of an HD movie. Then I use PSPware, which automatically converts it to a PSP format. This takes an additional 10-20 minutes. I cant stop the PSPware conversion, since it also creates a necessary .THM file.

I was hoping for a way to reduce the amount of time required (i.e. eliminate one of the conversions). Any ideas?

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Well, you could match the resolutions when exporting from iMovie, and make sure the data rate doesn't exceed what the PSP is capable of.