iMovie won't run on iBook, HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nickyj182, Aug 27, 2003.

1. nickyj182 macrumors regular

nickyj182

Hey!

I'm running a 466 g3 SE iBook and I am running Jaguar on this little guy, and I recently downloaded iMovie 3 to replace iMovie 2, seems like a logical move. BUt when I booted iMovie 3 it says iMovie 3 requires a resolution of like 1028 by Something, you know what I mean, and iBook modles max resolution is 800 x 600 so I t wont run. I have some very importany things to edit for class, and I need some help! Is there anyway to get it to run on my book, any ideas please!

2. simX macrumors 6502a

simX

I believe the only way is to downgrade to iMovie 2.

3. nickyj182 thread starter macrumors regular

nickyj182

Where can I download iMovie 2 OS X version at?

4. Jerry Spoon macrumors 6502a

Jerry Spoon

Yep. You'll need iMovie 2. Don't know where to download it from though. Do you still have your disks that you got with your computer? Is it in there or was that before iMovie2?

5. nickyj182 thread starter macrumors regular

nickyj182

Its iMovie 2 on OS 9, and I gotta have the OS X Version!

6. el greenerino macrumors regular

Sounds like a good time to go down to compusa, buy a G5 and return it when your done. (seriously)

7. Cometdude macrumors newbie

go to www.versiontracker.com . search for iMovie. Then when it shows you the download page you can choose what version that you want. I haven't tried it myself but I think it will work. Good luck!

8. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I got it!

I have the same iBook with the same problem, what you have to do is downlaod a program called "Pacifist 1.5.3" you can find it at versiontracker.com here: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12743 Now insert your Jaguar Install Disc 2, i forget what you have to do exactly but I think you have to open the "Additional Appliocations.pkg" part of the Disc and extract the iMovie part to your hard drive, then I think you can install it via the Pacifist Applciation, I think I have a full set of instructions somewhere if I find it I will post it, good luck :D

9. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86