iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ddekker, Oct 26, 2006.

1. ddekker macrumors regular

my room mate has an iBook, he took video from a firewire camcorder into iMovie and did all his editing, then thought we'd pull the project and video over to my powerbook through the network and burn a DVD of it being as his iBook doesn't have a burner.... so we pulled the files over, the only problem is that embeded in the file is a path to the video files that were under his user/movies (or something, not in front of me right now) is there a nice way to be able to take an imovie or iDVD project from his machine to mine and burn it? I'd hate for him to have to re-edit the video on my machine..

thanks..

DD

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Finish it in iDVD on his machine and then save it as a DVD archive (that will save the actual movie files rather than just the links to the movies) and bring that over to yours to render and burn (if yours is faster). You can then open and edit on your Powerbook using this method.

Or save it as a disk image in his iDVD and just transfer the iso file over to your Mac and burn through Disk Utility.

3. ddekker thread starter macrumors regular

iDVD

the DVD Archive worked like a champ.... thanks a ton, I spent hours trying to make it work on my machine by creating a user with the same user name as his... hoping paths would work, but the archive fixed me right up...

thanks a ton

DD