iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ja Di ksw, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Hi all, I'm trying to make a DVD for an instructor of mine using iMovie and iDVD. I'm having a problem with the chapters. iMovie lets me make places to click on a new chapter, but how do I make it so that it only plays one chapter when you click on that link, and not from that chapter until the end?
    Example, if chapter 1 starts at 0 seconds, and chapter 2 at 5 minutes, how do I get it so if I click chapter one, it will play from 0 seconds to 5 minutes, but not past five minutes which would be into chapter 2?
    Thanks

2. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

One more question, is it possible to have the music play on the menu or wherever for longer than 17 seconds? Thanks.

3. rand() macrumors regular

I don't believe - but I may be wrong - that this level of customization is not available within iMovie/iDVD.

You could, however, split that movie up and then simply offer them as individual movies from the main menu. This would do what you want, but you would lose the ability to play them straight through, if desired.

-rand()

4. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

I have not tried this before, but I believe if you export (share) from iMovie as Full Quality DV, and then add to a iDVD project you will be able to use the chapter makers to play as individual clips.