Implausible Deniability?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Jan 25, 2006.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,1695003,00.html

Rumsfeld's still playing that same old riff.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Same old story, Facts say one thing but the administration of spin says something else. Im still wondering how many of our weekend warriors are playing full time soldiers? I cant imagine serving in Iraq for a year only to be told another year.
    Rumsfeld you know the same guy who was shaking hands with Saddam many years ago and giving him chemical weapons seems to think the guys on the ground want more and cant get enough. Our Govt has become a govt of lies to further whatever agenda they are on. example- global warming and denying it,or not knowing Katrina was going to break the levys or WMDs, man this list doesnt stop with this administration of spin. How about Torture? no we dont Torture the president says, we ship em out and let somebody else torture em. Just more of the same.:rolleyes:

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Naturally, he's the same old riffraff.

We'll see how this story plays over here. Someone might even notice.

BTW, always nice to see the British press go to so much trouble to "correct" American English spellings.

4. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Saves writing "(sic)" after everything. Although phonetically-speaking that might be correct...;)

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And here I thought the insurgency was in it's last throes. :rolleyes: My cousin got out of the military as soon as he could because of this. A friend of mine is too. The minute his tour is over, that's it for him. Fewer and fewer people are signing up, more and more people are getting out... doesn't look so good for us. If we needed the armed forces for anything else, we would be screwed.

"We will not have an all volunteer army". Well, he did say it. Guess not enough of us were listening.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Soldiers should never have to fight a war thats based on misinformation,spin and lies. Yet this is what the republicans / president have asked them to do. Still waiting for those WMDs that were hammered into my skull everytime the president opened his mouth to show up. WMDs????

These guys have put their lives on the line for ............................ to liberate a country from Saddam??? Shameful, still waiting for the president to admit he was wrong. That wont happen.

7. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

What's amazing is how stridently the House and Senate Republicans back the President. They're more concerned with solidarity than truth, law or winning the war.

That such a number of representatives could be so callous as to place election results above the welfare of the people electing them is kind of sickening.

That they keep getting elected is just dumb.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh so I'm to believe the planned reduction in troops is because things are going so well there?

When you've turned as many corners as Rumsfeld, you get a little dizzy...

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

We'll see what happens in 2006. Getting all chummy with Bush cost a couple of people their jobs in 2005 in NJ, PA, and VA (or was it WV, I don't really care). What's disappointing are the so-called moderates like Spectre and McCain who put on a big show, but then go along with whatever the adminstration does anyway. If people like DeLay keep their jobs and the neocons actually gain in '06, then you should worry.