Import Firefox Bookmarks to Safari for Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xlr8or, Mar 12, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Mar 9, 2013
    Hi all,

First post here so don't flame me.

I'm saving for a new Mac mini and in the meantime have installed Safari for Windows on my Windows XP SP3 machine while my bank account accumulates so I can get some experience on Apple software.:)

I exported my Firefox bookmarks to an html file and went through the File > Import Bookmarks routine in Safari to import my bookmarks. When in Safari, opening bookmarks from either the toolbar at the top or with the bookmarks button on the menu bar, I can only see my bookmarks that aren't in a folder. I have several hundred bookmarks that are in probably a dozen folders that do not display either in the Show All Bookmarks in the Bookmarks dropdown on the toolbar or by clicking the bookmarks button. Have I done something wrong? Any suggestions on how I can see ALL of my bookmark?

Thanks in advance!
  2. macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2012
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Mar 9, 2013
    Thank you for the suggestion, I followed all of those steps and I do have a folder that occurs under the Bookmarks header on the left side of the screen when I click on the Bookmarks button or Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks menu drop down. When I do click on the folder the unsorted bookmarks appear on the right side of the Safari screen in a Cover flow pattern. However, the bulk of my bookmarks are in subfolders and these are the ones that I seem to be missing. They just don't seem to be there. I've done the Import Bookmarks sequence about 4 times now and getting frustrated.

Any additional hints or suggestions? Thanks!