importance of comfortable feet

Discussion in 'Community' started by joetronic, Apr 18, 2005.

1. joetronic macrumors 6502

I don't know about anyone else, but if my feet are uncomfortable so is the rest of me. I am always barefoot or wearing birkinstocks. I even where them with my siut for work. and take them off under my desk

So I was wondering, is anyone else like this. do you need to have your feet comfortable at all times to feel good?

2. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

I don't know about at all times, but for stuff like running, yeah, I need to have really comfortable shoes.

3. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

Yep - I'm pretty much like that. Especially if my feet are cold (and wet - yikes). That's why I'm so freakin happy for my ecco "kampfschwimmer" boots that I got last October. They've kept me warm and dry all winter.

I also come to think of Maria Magdalena washing the feet of Jesus (with oil?) as a sign of respect/gratitude/love. I guess if you walk around in a stone desert wearing crappy sandals every day a little pedicure will be really appreciated.

A

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I don't do shoes. Prisons for the feet. My feet are warm as toast even in the snow. Mind you, I do wear flipflops in the snow...

5. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I always take my shoes off when I'm at work, can't stand them...
    Actually when I'm at home too, wherever I know I'll be more than 30 min at the same place, I take my shoes off, free feet I Like master Yoda, doesn't matter if I'm in a meeting, I take care of my feet and don't worry about what other people think, it's not disgusting - I hope -. not usual but what can I do? :)

Attached Files:

6. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Hmm, the slippers I can understand.. but feeding them tea is probably going a bit too far :eek: :cool:

7. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

:D ... Oh, sorry, I took this pic some months ago to show a friend the way I like to work. Slippers, Tea and Music... ;)

8. iGary Guest

iGary

[​IMG]

Keens are awesome.

<-------------------------A certain someone is known to wear them at iPod Photo launches. :)

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah...I'm a slave to fashion, and sometimes buy shoes in a smaller size if they look better on my feet :rolleyes: but when it comes to running, good, comfortable, airy shoes are a must.

Joetronic, if you want, now that summer is back, you should try some dress sandals with your suits. Prada and Fendi started making dress sandals for men a few years ago, and at least last summer, Steve Madden had a number as well. My Maddens are really comfortable. :) And it's an excuse to get a pedicure. :p

10. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

Birkenstocks --- are the best!

I'm on my feet pretty much all day, 12 HRS. I swear these are God-sends for your feet...

[​IMG]

I got 'em in Blue, Black, and Brown. :D

11. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Look fine, gotta check them in Blue and/or Brown, I don't use black shoes :) , unless I must (Tuxedo or alike)

Changed awesome to fine :)

12. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

Just thought of this - Masai Barefoot Technology - it should be the ultimate in healthy shoes. Like walking barefoot on the savanna!

A

13. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

HAHAHAHA i love birkenstocks! or jesus sandals. They are amazing,The most confortable things on earth. (i'm wearing them now) i have them in mocha suede , i was thinking of getting another pair in gray. You should also check out naot heared good things about them to.

my birks!

naot

14. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

Birkenstocks

I came across this store while shopping on eBay.

They're located Germany, and are very nice to their customers. They even combined shipping for me, and saved me some money... ;)

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

In the house I wear sandals year round. It is very important to take of one's feet. I'm like you if my feet are bothering me, it just makes everything uncomfortable. Like clothes, it seems that I never have that much of a choice in shoes either. Wear a size 13, which is small for my height of 6' 8".

16. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I'm barefoot most of the day. Shoes are just prisons as someone said. If I must wear shoes, I always wear clean socks daily.

17. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

I swear by my Chaco's , they are the most comfortable sandal I have ever worn, and they actually fit my feet. Asolo scrambler sandal are also very very good, they are adjustable everywhere so when you feet swell up during the day they don't get to tight. For winter wear a good pair of light hiking/approach boots are my fave. I have very messed up feet what I have not broken, i have dislocated and torn (awaiting complete reconstruction of right ankle), If my feet are not comfortable and happy , neither am I . Since most womens shoes don't fit me I dont have to undergo the voluntary, self-inflicted torture most women go through .

18. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Since you are in Vancouver, have you tried the Good Feet store located at the entrance to Metrotown?

19. takao macrumors 68040

takao

hmm personally at home or friends houses etc. i tend to wear socks only (yeah i'm walking throug ha lot of them tanks to this) because i simply can't stand walking around bearfoot at home especially in winter spring and fall (cold feet) during the

and for birkenstock: so far i haven't tried one pair which was fitting nicely... i always tend to walk much faster than they want to and i loose them during walking

add pretty sensible toes to that ... (infections thanks to idiots stepping on my feets when walking barefoot ... had some times as a teenager where i could hardly walk... and i'm still having problem with them) and sandals are out ;)

20. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

When at home (parents house) I like to go without shoes, but when I am at my schools apartment I prefer to wear some slip-on shoes as I don't know what could be on/in the floors. When I am in the Mac labs or library I like to take off my shoes.

However, I still don't like to go barefoot in grass. Don't know what I may step in out there in the wild. Use to not give a care but after growing up I became uncomfortable going barefoot in my grandmothers yard in Florida. All those long nights being reminded of the dangers of spiders and actually getting bitten by several dozen fire ants sealed the deal with my feet.

This talk of shoes reminded me that I really need to purchase some new shoes.

21. vieoray macrumors regular

hehehe, isn't that the windows warning symbol on the front?

sorry, but those are god awful ugly :eek:

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if my feet are cold i cant fall alseep at night...dont know if that means anything though

being comfortable is a must, but not only for my feet, for my whole body...

23. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, I think I own the same Birks, but to me all of them pretty much look the same or similar anyway, so no biggie. I love them!! I even have a pair of sandals that I got from a foot doctor (pedometrist?) that were moulded to my feet (ie: they had orthotics built right into them) and yet they're not as good as my Birks. Amazing.

Anyone ever try Birkenstock shoes? Are they as good as the Jesus sandals?

24. Nanda Devi macrumors regular

Yeah, I can relate to that... I have sort of a compulsion about my feet, and there are certain surfaces I can't stand to walk on without shoes or socks on because it grosses me out. The gym locker room, for example... the thought of going without flip-flops in there just makes my skin crawl!!

Actually, in just about any bathroom when I get out of the shower it's absolutely imperative that I stand on a clean towel. Silly, but I can't seem to get over this weird phobia of my feet getting "soiled". :eek:

25. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I agree. I have a dedicated pair of shoes, that I only wear in doors. Come home, change out of the out door shoes, and into the house shoes. Mr. Rogers style.

I have a pretty big shoe collection. too many layin round my room at the moment. Nike is by far the best.