IMPORTANT NOTE...and a request for info...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by jvaska, Jul 17, 2002.

1. jvaska macrumors 6502

ok...FINALLY...i got my computer back from the mac-nazi's where i am in europe (i don't want to mention their name)...

i KNEW my power supply was in need of repair...but these jerks claimed my motherboard needed to be replaced...all for a cost of $1000!

i didn't believe them or trust them...

then they would let me take my computer back...even after i paid my fee for their diagnostic...they gave me a hard time...

so...for $150 bucks...i found a seller of power supply's...

and GUESS WHAT!

my computer works perfectly...stupid jerks...

so...moral of the story? don't trust tech doods who think that you are clueless and helpless...and when you say that you can fix it yourself...freak out on you and won't let you have the computer back...

anyways...ugh...

i want to install os x now...but i don't want to wipe the current hardrive...

possible? i've got more than enough power in my g4...

what should i be aware of before i do this...

thanks...jv

2. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

do it

You can install OS X ontop of OS 9. Infact thats the way your supposed to do it if you want to run both. It shouldn't effect your OS the way it is now. You just need to have at least 1.5BG of space to install it on. Before you install OS X, upgrade your OS 9 to the latest version 9.2.2. There are some compatability (with X) updates there that you will need to have.

Have fun!

-evildead