Important Question @ Apple Care

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mac'Mo, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Aug 29, 2006
    If i purchase a macbook with my sister's credit card (who doesn't live in the same state as i do) and i have trouble with my laptop and need to use applecare for whatever, will i run into any snags? Like is AppleCare bought for the person or the machine?
  2. interlaced macrumors 6502a

Nov 16, 2005
    applecare would be tied to the computer's serial number. it doesn't matter who bought it. you should register it in your name though and you do that when you activate the applecare.
  3. sepu macrumors regular

Nov 18, 2006
    hey one thing ... I bought my MBP C2D 15'' 2.33 like a 1 week ago ... so if Im not wrong I heard that you have applecare for one year ? and then you can upgrade or something like that up to 3 years ? is that true ?
    I bought it with my Student discount ... Im just wondering because I want to know if I should buy applecare right now or wait a year after I bought my computer.

Thanks and sorry for hijacking your thread....
  4. phungy macrumors 68020

Dec 5, 2006
    It doesn't matter when you buy it but if you decide to purchase APP once your one year is up, you will only have two years of APP since it counts the day you purchased your Mac. So it really doesn't matter.