importing bookmarks into Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by treefingers, Sep 15, 2003.

1. treefingers macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2003
    i want to completely switch to safari, but dont want to do it till i can import my bookmarks. i've been using iCab which stores bookmarks in an html file (which i wish safari did coz then the importing would be so easy! arrgghh!). i realize that safari imports bookmarks from IE and netscape the first time it starts up. and if i'd known this before i installed safari i would've put my iCab bookmarks into the IE folder. they're there now but i dont know how to do a fresh install of safari so it tries importing again. so my question is.... does anyone know how to uninstall or do a fresh install of safari? like is there maybe some preferences to delete or something? or know how to import an html file of bookmarks (besides dragging and dropping each one as was suggested in the help file)?

2. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    instead of draggin and dropping each one individually, try selecting all of them and dragging/dropping them all at once
  3. treefingers thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2003
    ok i had a look at some other forums and it was suggested to use Safari Enhancer (available on VersionTracker)..... and it works like a charm! it'll import from IE, Netscape, Mozilla, Camino and iCab.

so never mind my question!