Importing Bookmarks

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Guitarius, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

Well, I just bought an iBook (my first mac), and I must say, I love it. I will be hard pressed to ever return to that diesel burning desktop I used to call a computer.

There is one thing I can't figure out though. My bookmarks. I exported my bookmarks from my desktop PC. I'm using IE 6 I believe. But I cannot import them to the IE browser on my iBook. I go to import the list, but instead of adding the links into my favroites, it just adds the page of links onto favorites list. I really don't want to have to go in and manually re-add all of my favorites. Thanks for any help you can give.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I checked the Microsoft site, and it seems that the latest version of IE for Mac simply creates a folder in your favorites list containing the links inside the HTML file you imported. I know, it's kind of stupid, but that's the way IE does it. I always have to manually remove all the favorites from that folder and put them in the main Favorites list, deleting the now unnecessary folder when done. (Actually, I use Safari now - but it still creates a folder with the links inside.)

3. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

try this program. I haven't used it, but it appears to work well...
    bookmark manager

4. Guitarius thread starter macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

Thanks, that program didn't work for what I wanted, but it did help with some other stuff, it was much appreciated.

As far as my problem, I guess I'll just have to go in and manually do it. Oh well.

Thanks for the help.

5. DJ Forge macrumors newbie

that program is awesome, thanks for posting it!