Importing CD's to iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Devie, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Devie macrumors 6502a

I've had a problem with importing CD's. When I put in a CD, it never displays the song names. I originally thought that the CD was to old (Iron Maiden- Best of the Beast) but then I put in Metallica S&M and the song names still didnt show. I know that they did show on iTunes on Windows...

So anything I'm doing wrong?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    They should show. AFAIK, they both use the CDDB database.

Is it just that CD or all of them? You are definitely online while you doing it?

If commercial CDs do import without being recognised, it's worth knowing that you can highlight them, go to Advanced and click on Get Track Info (or something along those lines - at any point in the future when you have an internet connection and it will go and check the database then.

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Take a look under the 'Advanced' Menu and select "Get CD Track Names" – that should do the trick (you'll need to be online, mind).

4. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Yeah, most are online these days, but I always make a point of saying that to people. You might want to check your connection as well, (if you tried to get the tracks names in one session, switched off then switched back on for example). The only time I was unable to get the information was when my ntl connection had cut out, a simple power off/on and all was okay again.

5. Devie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sweet, that worked great :D. Cheers.

6. cube macrumors G4

You can set in the preferences that iTunes connects to CDDB automatically when you insert a new CD.

7. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4