Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeejeebu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
So I never upgraded my last computer to Snow Leopard, and now I am trying to move some stuff from that computer to my new computer. Migration Assistant doesn't work, because it says that my old computer is not running the latest version of OS X. I tried exporting my address book and putting it a public folder, but my new computer doesn't seem to read it. Anyone have any ideas? There are a couple of other things I'd like to move over, too, but my address book is the biggest one. (I figured out how to move my music, and I'm sure it will be easy to move photos and documents.)

I do also have all of my address book on my iPhone, but I can't figure out how to sync that with the address book on the new computer.

jeejeebu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Never mind. I appear to have synced it all up in Google, so I just synced to that. I don't remember doing that, but at least it's all there, now!

jeejeebu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Never mind the never mind. I have all my phone numbers, but I am severely lacking in email addresses. I don't know why Google would skimp on sending those, but they did.

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
There should be an option when you sync your phone to have it sync your contacts, as well. Whenever I add a contact on my iPhone, it shows up in address book on my MacBook Pro the next time I sync. Check your sync screen in iTunes, it's there somewhere. Wish I could be more specific, but I'm at work right now so I can't check what it's called.

jeejeebu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Found that and did it, and I'm still missing email addresses. Maybe what I'm referring to isn't saved in the address book? When in Mail on Leopard, I could pull up email addresses just by starting to type them. It does pull from the address book, since I'm getting a bunch of email addresses that were imported from Google and my iPhone, but there are a crapload of emails that are missing. I can't pull up my mom's Gmail address by starting to type. (That one is really weird because she's a contact on Google+.) But I can pull up several other friends, but it looks like it's mostly people on Google+. Like there are two people I email about a website a lot. One of them I have on Google+, so I can get his email, but the other I don't, so he is completely gone.

Anyway, it's just an annoyance, that will hopefully resolve itself as I email people. But any other suggestions would be helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.