Importing Files To iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by D3AD, Aug 22, 2006.

1. D3AD macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2006
    Ok so I have been downloading some live concert footage from a band's website(these are all audio files), but when I downloaded the files I cannot import them into iTunes. I Have the file on my hard drive but it is only a "piece of paper" icon i think this means there is not a selected program chosen for opening this type of file, do i need another program to listen/sync this file type? when i try I get a message from itunes saying "does not appear to be a valid export file" do I need to convert the file or something?

I could realy use some help on this one thanks
  2. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2006
    You could change the format of this music!
  3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Jul 22, 2005
    What format are the files? It should have had the format when you were downloading the files.
    Sounds like it is .wma. In that case, because M$ don't make anything in Windows Media 10 format compatible with Macs, it may be hard to convert them.
    If you have a computer running XP available, i believe you can import them into iTunes, then convert them there, and copy them back to the Mac.
    Other than that, i believe there are some programs which can convert some audio files into AAC or MP3 for you.
  4. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2006
    Yeah their are some programs like that! I forgot what they are called but if you go to you can search for a program like that and pay the shareware fees or who knows maybe it will be free ware!