Importing Genre into iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reubs, Dec 28, 2006.

1. reubs macrumors 68000

Jun 22, 2006
    I've been using Delicious Library lately, and I've noticed that my music has a lot more "genres" than I could have ever imagined. As I've been buying more music (thank you, Tower, for going out of business) I've gotten outside of my normal genres. And even within those normal genres (rock) there are many sub-genres: southern, rock and roll, alternative, etc.

What I'd like to know is if there are any apps available that will import genres from say, Amazon, into my iTunes "Get Info" window. I'd even be willing to pay a small fee for a program that could do this automatically with each new import. Is there anything like this, and if so, does anyone have any suggestions as to what works best?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Tech Guy 07 macrumors newbie

Dec 27, 2006
    Genres Labels

Are you trying to create genres yourself or have a program do it? I'm not sure of a program, but you can create your own genre's. Right click on any song file, click get info and under the "Info" tab highlight the genre that's listed and hit delete. That should clear the Genre box, then simply type in your own Genre. When you click Ok, it will put the new genre into the list. I have done this a few times and it works well, the only downside is that you manually have to set each track that you want to the "new genre." I don't know of a program that does it automatically.
  3. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Jun 22, 2006
    No, I'm trying to import genres b/c I am having a difficult time classifying the stuff myself, and I don't think my descriptions would do the music full justice.
  4. psychofreak Retired

May 16, 2006
    Search for your albums in the iTunes store, and see what genres your collections are classed as.:)