Importing IE Bookmarks to Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mashinhead, Sep 15, 2004.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Oct 7, 2003
    I have all my bookmarks organized and i want to import them into safari. When i first opened safari it did import them into a folder. But the problem is dated. Is there anyway that i can updated them or reimport them?? :confused:
  2. Xenious macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2004
    Texas, USA
    The easiest way I found was to just delete the Safari plist file in your Library\Preferences folder off your home directory and then run Safari (this resets safari back to the way it was when you first ran it and makes it re-import the IE bookmarks). I'm not sure of the exact file name but it has Safari in it and ends in plist. Taking a guess it might be like, but don't hold me to it.
  3. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Oct 7, 2003
    Yeah i did that , and i reset safari, neither worked. any other suggestions. :eek:
  4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    Open up terminal and enter this:
    defaults write IncludeDebugMenu 1
    Re-launch Safari and you should have a debug menu, from here I think you can import bookmarks.
  5. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Oct 7, 2003
    i figured it out

the best way to import you explorer bookmarks, is simply to delete safari (and its component folders) and clean install it. when it reinstalls it automatically imports all your explorer favs.
  6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....while yes, that certainly does work it really is the hard way of getting the job done. Go grab yourself a copy of Safari Enhancer - it will re-import bookmarks from many other browsers and also give you some easy control over some "hidden" Safari options....oh yeah!