Importing mailboxes from outlook express 6(windows) to mail on mac os x

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jermsmingy, Oct 7, 2003.

1. jermsmingy macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I am helping a friend switch over to the mac. He wants his all his mailboxes from outlook express 6. It will not import them into a format that mail can read. Is there a way to do this besides buying the move to mac software. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

There are a couple of software packages that will convert your mailbox to the Mac, if you do a search on the forums you might find a list of them.

The way I did it was by using Netscape. I installed Netscape 7 on the PC, imported the mailboxes from outlook express into Netscape. Inside the Netscape profile you will find a folder that has all the mailboxes. Copy that over to the Mac.

You can then to import those files directly into Mail using the Import feature in it.

I had two or so mailboxes that didn't move properly, but I still can access them on the Mac using Netscape's mail client.

Hope this helps.

3. doctorhook macrumors member

vCards

under the file menu in mail there is an Import Mailboxes option with which you can select Outlook Express. I guess if it's not there you need to upgrade to 10.2.8.
    I just went the other way and both Mac and Outlook understand v Cards format.

Hope this helps