Importing movies in iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beko1987, Dec 12, 2006.

1. beko1987 macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2006
    I'm trying to import a large batch of photo's into iPhoto. However, I accidentaly included a small .avi file in the batch. Now this file wont import, and iPhoto hangs when it reaches. BUT, I am promoted to import these files every time I open iPhoto, where upon if I click yes it finds the avi and hangs again. I copied these files off an external hard drive, but I have problems even when this isnt connected. Is there any way to either: stop the import, or find the files on the mac drive and delete the movie off from there? :confused:

2. amiga macrumors 6502

Jul 12, 2006
    Do you know the name of the files or avi? Just use spotlight it will tell you where they are, its the magnifying glass in the top right hand corner... or remember where you placed the files... On the desk top or in the photos folder?
  3. Wakakanada macrumors regular

Oct 21, 2007
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I have just switched from XP to iMac and encountered the same problem on my first attempt to download from my camera. Called Apple support which ultimately told me [after failing to download with iPhoto or the other bundled application] that I should not try to download avi files, to select the jpegs for downloading, and find some conversion program somewhere to convert the avi files into mov or mpeg4.

So much for "it just works"...sigh...