Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lom8104

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2005
I have just graduated college and would like to take my old email with me. My college uses Novell groupwise as its mail app. I have Mail set up to receive new mail from my college account but i have not had any luck trying to import my old groupwise mail into my mac. I know groupwise has an archive feature, but it seems to be a format that is unique to Novell? :confused: :confused:

Have anyone else experienced this issue before? I would really like to take my old e-mail with me without having to forward every old message! :(

dirily

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2005
New York, NY
My college also used Groupwise as it's e-mail program. I have tried to import the email into Mac Mail and Entourage and have also had no luck :( Groupwise has also had problems "Communicating with the Groupwise agent" lately, so as much as I loved my school email, I switched to .mac and got a mac address :)

If you do figure it out though - could you post a reply on here? It would be cool to have that email transfer to MAIL as well!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

tobio

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2004
London
http://www.nexic.com/publisher/index.html

this is pretty good, and quite cheap if i remember right.

I have used it to save my entire groupwise archive to a webpage, including the attachments and things as well. It says it supports exporting to all kinds of formats too, so give it a look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.