Importing pictures from my camera to iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ZeeZ, Aug 19, 2006.

1. ZeeZ macrumors newbie

y is it that when i import pictures from my camera to iPhoto, the pictures are resized to 360x270 px..i need help with keeping the pictures the same size

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Are they? When I import my pictures to iPhoto they're the correct size (2560x1920). Are you sure you're not looking at the thumbnail? Select a photo and click on the information button in the bottom left corner.

Have you got your camera set incorrectly (0.3MP or whatever the setting is for that small size), it sounds like there's a preference gone awry somewhere because iPhoto works fine for me.

3. ZeeZ thread starter macrumors newbie

ok the pictures are the same size as they were taken (2048x1536) in iPhoto..but theyre only 360x270 in the finder

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

To browse your pictures in the finder (which I don't recommend, btw, because you can mess up iPhoto's file structure), you'll need to find a folder called 'originals' to see your images at full res.

Basically, stick to navigating your pictures in iPhoto, and you'll be fine.

5. ZeeZ thread starter macrumors newbie

6. reh macrumors 6502a

Keep your nose out of iPhoto's Library folder! Do everything within iPhoto, including exporting full-res pics (just drag the thumbnail out to export or it's in the menu).