importing to itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aplasticspork, Oct 16, 2004.

1. aplasticspork macrumors regular

May 27, 2004
    Seattle Wa.
    ok, heres the story, im compiling everything from my internal hard drive and my external drive onto the external one, i ended up with a large amount of mp3 files from the internal drive that i never ended up putting on the external one (external drive is the boot disk, and therefore has my itunes library on it). the problem is that i cant seem to get the mp3 files to import to the library in AAC format. i know how to import them, and then change the format to AAC, but was wondering if theres any way that i can just import them as AAC, this would take less time, and would be much easier for me. so if anyone knows how to do this any help would be appreciated :)
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    yeah, there is no way to do this, you are going to have to add them to your library and then convert them over to AAC, a pain yeah, but its the only way, sorry
  3. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    Are you aware that converting from MP3 to AAC will cause you to lose sound quality? If you want to retain quality, either keep them in MP3 or rerip from the original CDs.