importing to mac

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by wizzerandchips, Feb 13, 2007.

1. wizzerandchips macrumors 6502

I have just purchased a mini DV camera, have plugged it in using mini usb, selected usb streaming in the camera, press play but nothing happens in Imovie. What am I doing wrong.:confused:

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You can't use USB to import video into iMovie. You'll need to use the Firewire connection instead. You can find the appropriate cable at any electronics store for ~$10.

3. mac's my homie macrumors newbie

after you get the firewire, connect the camcorder before you open iMovie. it makes it easier.

4. gabep2007 macrumors newbie

gabep2007

Try Quicktime Pro

If you already have this enabled, try importing using your USB cable. Not sure but this might work. :D

5. 925AS macrumors member

Do you happen to have an a/v-s cord in your store. I need it for my panasonic VDRM53PP. I can't seem to find it anywhere, and no way for me to get my videos onto my computer.

Thanks

6. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

You can literally find firewire cords anywhere.. http://www.cablestogo.com/product_list.asp?cat_id=608

I just pulled that outta google. but that is what you are looking for. Does your camera have a firewire port? It should if it is a miniDV camcorder. It should have a small little M looking port, the other end of the cable goes into your mac.

EDIT: Ahh.. sorry thought that was the OP, but the same information goes for the OP

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

As far as I know, cameras that have a USB connection should show up as a removable hard drive. If it does, just find the clip and drag & drop it that way.

8. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

MiniDV cameras w/USB only use the USB to xfer stills that can be shot onto a memory card.

Lethal