Importing VCF into Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by asdren, Oct 14, 2004.

1. asdren macrumors newbie

On my powermac G4 I have my contacts in Entourage. There are like a total of 1200 and I really don't need all of them on my new iBook so I've limited it to 200 of close contacts and saved them as vcf. Then I emailed myself the vcf file and try opening it on my new iBook which happily imports them into Address Book instead of Entourage (it also seemed to lose alot of the details, like categories).

I look for option in Entourage to import a VCF and it doesn't seem to have it. How do I import a VCF into Entourage? Or how can I these select contacts onto my laptop installation of Entourage?

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

Open Entourage. Click the Address Book button. Drag VCF file onto resultant window. Contacts should now be in Entourage.

3. asdren thread starter macrumors newbie

forgot to mention I tried that and it only imported the first contact. I open the VCF in BBEdit and I see it's full of info :confused:

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

Hmmm. Could have sworn this used to work, but I just tried it on my machine with the same issue. Even tried changing vCard versions, etc., with no luck.

I'll keep looking... Hate to have to do it one card at a time.

5. cacace macrumors newbie

Set the default app

Right click the vcf file and choose Get Info.
    Then choose the "open with" pulldown and select Other.
    (you will have to browser for microsoft entourage), and remember to choose "always open with" checkbox.