Impress the Ladies: Write Your # on the back of an ATM receipt

Discussion in 'Community' started by iLikeMyiMac, Oct 30, 2004.

1. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

http://www.prankplace.com/atm.htm
    Probably the girls that you might try this on are not the type that would notice the that balance is π.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

What a fantastic idea!

...I'm not paying for it though, I'm too tight/skint...hmmm...Photoshop...

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It wouldn't be to smart to hand out your bank account number to anyone. That would be asking for trouble. :D

4. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

314k is a lot? Ha...Yeah right. The women where I hang out would laugh at that receipt.

5. davecuse macrumors 6502

davecuse

That's pretty funny, I'm definitely going to photoshop a receipt and give this one a try. Why stop at 300k though?

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

There's the old "to good to be true" thing, you don't wanna push it too far, it needs to be believable ;)

7. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Please post phone numbers of said women. They would laugh at the receipt because $314,000 is not a lot of money to have in your checking account?

Lee Tom

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Not impressed... crass ploy, no class.

Wouldn't work with me or any of my friends -- sorry guys.

9. fowler. macrumors 6502a

fowler.

Are you attractive?

10. howard macrumors 68020

howard

pretty funny,

but i wouldn't want the shallow girls that this technique attracts

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Photoshop-ing would be easy enough... the trick would be getting it to print on the paper that the ATM uses! Of course, anybody that would fall for this scam probably wouldn't notice what kind of paper it was printed on!

12. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Umm... what?!? How in any way is that relevant? And, BTW, I'd assume BV is attractive. I've yet to see an ugly Mac user ;). She's certainly intelligent. And she obviously has more class than... other members of this forum.

Edit: perhaps I overreacted... sleep deprived lately...

And as far as the ATM receipt idea is concerned: I'd assume it'd work only on those women who were shallow enough to go for the money and dumb enough to not notice Mr. $300K driving a '92 Chevy and living in a one bedroom apartment.

13. davecuse macrumors 6502

davecuse

Is it a classy move, probably not.. It's definitely funny though.

14. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Who does have 300,000+ in their checking? Why not invest it? That would be the wise thing to do, I would be stupid to have that much earning like .5% interest. I laugh at you!

15. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

not to mention it's not even covered if said bank were to "lose" it.

like jim says....300k+ in a checking account? i laugh at you as well.

16. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Ha! Ha!
    Anybody that would fall for this scam wouldn't be concerned about such details like "hmmmm, why didn't he invest his cash in high yield bonds?"

Nor would they be thinking "if we get married we have got to move this money into an insured money market account!"

Its a pick up line for the shallow and not so bright... not the astute and worldly wise!

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yes it is. Of course, if you know people who normally have over $314K in their bank account instead of invested, gaining interest, then they're probably not too bright. Where do you hang out, and what type of women do you meet?

I think it would be pretty funny, though. Too bad this "prank" would cost you almost $6. I don't think I'd pay that for a fake receipt, as I don't actually have $314K

18. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

People will say anything to seem cool.

19. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Hmmm?

Do you really want to date girls who have no interest in you whatsoever, only your bank account?

Needless to say they'll drop you faster than a fake fur when they find out that you don't even have $314 in your account, let alone $300k!

20. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

That's almost as bad as sitting there licking your eyebrows at the bar or letting an extra large condom fall out of your wallet when you pay the tip.

21. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I knew a fellow who had 7+ million in his checking (cash asset) account.

For him it made sense. It was much less than 10% of his assets. The rest were investment vehicles.

Sushi

22. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Really. That would be a nice list to see.

Sushi

23. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Okay. Where is that?

Sushi

24. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Must be a tough life hanging out around bars that cater to the Wall Street, and up, type crowd.

25. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^Why, because all the women at these places are fake?

I have a "policy" of sorts. If I ever make a fair amount of money, I won't tell women what I do. Since I'm not too materialistic, nobody would think I'm rich even if I WAS wealthy. Today, when people ask me what I study at school, I say "Physics." If they ask me what I'll do after I graduate, I say, "I'm not sure, exactly, but we'll see how things go."

Truthfully, I'm studying to become a "Medical" Physicist. Anything with the word "medical" sounds like money, but that isn't very true in reality when compared to other hospital doctors, surgeons, etc. I wouldn't make a bad living, but I just don't want a women to get to know me better because of what I do.

And no, I'm not sure what I'll be doing after I graduate because there are different fields in medical physics, so I'm not actually lying. ;) If someone likes me after I tell them I'm not quite sure what I'll do after graduating, I'll clarify my plans and studies after 1 or 2 months.

If there are women out there who play this money game, I'll play, but I'll make sure they don't win.