Impulse Buying (somewhat)

Discussion in 'Community' started by EJBasile, Feb 11, 2005.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I started to look at the Mercedes E-Class because my co-worker bought one (E-500) and I love it so much. A week and a half later (today) I bought an
    E-320 CDI after trading in m A4. I loved the exterior and interrior but what really attracted me was the 40mpg!

Its obviosuly not as spunky as my audi but it has a much nicer interrior and its bigger.

2. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Alot of people look down on impulse buying a car, but if you can afford it, do it. I bought mine after about 3 days of serious looking. Better yet, you got an excellent car!

Congrads.

BEN

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

:eek: That's an exepensive impluse buy!

Having said that...

[​IMG]

;) :)

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I bought my first new car on an impulse - a Mazda MX-6 that I literally bought off of the showroom floor shortly after I walked in and saw it. Now, in my old age, I know better how to negotiate, but that car, purchased moments after I first saw it, was and remains my favorite vehicle to date. It's not the fastest or most expensive one I've had, but I loved that car and miss it dearly. All the cars since then - the ones I've spent days deciding upon, negotiating this and that, etc. - don't have the same place in my heart.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, it isn't my car in the pic, and apparently this one is a bit abused, but I've snatched a pic of a black 1993 MX-6 (what I had). It doesn't look like much (mine was always waxed to a mirror finish...), and it's no Aston Martin, but at the time and on my budget, it was a scream. Cornered like it was on rails. And, for a 12.5 year old car, I don't think it looks all that terribly dated in terms of design.
    [​IMG]

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that getting a car that gets 40 mph is a very wise decision. The Mercedes is a well built car. Think that you will be well pleased. If you have the money why not.

When is comes to a car I'm very deliberative. My wife and I will need to make a decision about car by the middle of June, her lease runs out.

7. iGav macrumors G3

I think you're brilliant... you just seem to keep buying new cars all of the time! :eek: :p ;)