iMTS in Scandinavia any time soon????????

Discussion in 'Community' started by SemperMac, Feb 16, 2005.

1. SemperMac macrumors newbie

SemperMac

Hi there,

does anyone have any rumors as to the launch of iTunes Music Stores also in Scandinavia (e.g. I'm only referring to Denmark, Sweden and Norway)?

I'm so tired of the fact that we are being bypassed every time new iTMS' have been launched so far!

2. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Technically, at least in Norway, Scandinavia means just Denmark, Sweden and Norway. (Finland and Iceland aren't scandinavia, just Norden).

As to your question, I don't know what to think anymore. Some months ago and even half a year ago there were hints that iTMS was coming soon. These hints came from people in the Norwegian music industry. Lately there has been indications of just the opposite. That Apple hasn't even been in touch with the Norwegian TONO (RIAA like). The Norwegian Apple representative speaks like a politician (It's impossible to figure out what he's actually saying). I'm confused :confused:

One thing is for sure, if Denmark and Sweden gets iTMS and Norway doesn't, I'll get :mad:

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Really? I didn’t know that Finland wasn’t part of Scandinavia. You learn something new every day, I guess. I hope you guys get iTMS soon, because I remember how happy I’ve been when we got it.

4. SemperMac thread starter macrumors newbie

SemperMac

Well, I also learned in School that Scandinavia consists of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, and that when you include Finland and Iceland the region is called "Norden" - http://www.norden.org - BUT I might be wrong here in 2005 ...:

Go to http://www.goscandinavia.com and click "Map of Scandinavia" :p

5. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

from dictionary.reference.com:
    A region of northern Europe consisting of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark.

They do, however, also add:
    Finland, Iceland, and the Faeroe Islands are often included in the region.

6. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

In Finland they are telling people that Finland *is* part of Scandinavia. I don't know what they tell in Sweden. Finland has iTMS.

Maybe hte rest would as well, if they had euro as currency.