In-App Purchase to remove admob ads?

Discussion in 'iPhone/iPad Programming' started by uaecasher, Jun 4, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

uaecasher

hello,

anyone know a tutorial to show how i can setup an In-App to remove ads? (AdMob specifically) or maybe someone could show it here, that would be much appreciated

Thanks

2. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Setting up an in-app purchase is a somewhat complicated affair. It's not just something you can "show".

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

uaecasher

yeah, that's why I asked if anyone know a specific tutorial for removing ads (since a lot of apps are doing it now), I've searched around but mostly are in-app in general. I guess i could do one when i learn how to implement in-app purchase.

4. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Removing ads is the easy part. Based on the value of some flag, stored permanently, decide whether to show ads or not. It's the in-app piece that is quite a bit trickier.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

uaecasher

do you think in-app purchase is better for piracy protection? especially with server side recipe verification ?

6. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I'm not educated enough on what the pirates are doing nowadays with regards to in-app purchase, so I'm not sure.

7. macrumors 6502

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think that in-app purchases have not been cracked yet. Don't sue me if they have, though...