In-flight cuisine

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by radhak, May 4, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

2. macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    too bad they dont have real in-flight kitchens... skin, batter and deep fry that in butter.

3. macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

i don't see what the big deal is. just like a salad with chicken, but more exotic. :D ;) :cool:

4. macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Why?

Why did they have to kill it? Was it for health reasons?

5. macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Koodauw: Assuming it was an interregional flight, they killed the frog because they don't want exotic (to the destination) animals disrupting the ecosystem. It's happened before and has sometimes caused species to go extinct.

6. macrumors 68040

Koodauw

HAHA, yeah your right. I saw that on the Simpsons once, so it must be true!!!!

7. macrumors P6

wdlove

Actually frog legs are quite delicious. I had them for my birthday once. They taste like chicken. :)

8. macrumors 6502a

what doesnt taste like chicken or maybe chicken ust tastes like everything not everything is like chicken. ;) anybody ever have rattlesnake it like chicken except rubbery

9. macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

Rattlesnake tastes nothing like chicken. I wish people would stop saying it, especially when marinated in "Sparky's Marinade®" then slow smoked over hickory chips and served with a sharp white chedder and wheat crackers, with a crisp Shiraz. :D

10. macrumors P6

wdlove

Except for the Shiraz that sounds delicious. Maybe we could get together sometime my friend! :D

11. macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

I'm open to suggestions as far as the wine. I had a great Cabernet Savignon last night with a top serloin. :D

I would need to call my friends in Arizona to ship some Snake meat to me.

12. Moderator emeritus

sushi

He He! Nothing like a warm cooked meal! :D

Sushi

13. Moderator emeritus

sushi

Reminds me of a funny story.

My friend's family was hosting a big get together. Time came to freshen up the nuts. So they opened a can of dry roasted peanuts, and quickly poured the contents by turning the can upside down. Well, the peanuts came out and on top was a small dry roasted frog. Just laying there spread eagle style.

Needless to say, it was the talk of the party.

Sushi

14. macrumors regular

First I thought this was a hoax. American airlines no longer serve meals on their flights, as they might be used as nourishment by terrorists . LOL (I think I read this in one of Dave Barry's columns - www.davebarry.com)

Now I see it was a QUANTAS flight. Sure, it couldn't have happened here, I guess.