Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leet1

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Originally posted by eyelikeart
just how many times do u plan on proclaiming how u are so happy with the windows box u bought? :rolleyes:

Every time someone says its sad to buy a windows box. :rolleyes:

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by leet1
Every time someone says its sad to buy a windows box. :rolleyes:

well u do realize this is a Mac users forum?

it's fine if u are happy with whatever u have...but maybe u would be better to share your joy with people on a windows user forum?

leet1

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
it's fine if u are happy with whatever u have...but maybe u would be better to share your joy with people on a windows user forum?

Nah, I'll stop, I like this place :D <except when it deletes my little tiny posts sometimes, lol>

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Nah, I'll stop, I like this place :D <except when it deletes my little tiny posts sometimes, lol>

ah...yeah...maybe u will read the PM that's been in your PM Box since yesterday. :rolleyes:

leet1

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
ah...yeah...maybe u will read the PM that's been in your PM Box since yesterday. :rolleyes:

Didnt have a clue I had one, was suppose to pop up when i had one.

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
Didnt have a clue I had one, was suppose to pop up when i had one.
Maybe its your computer :p

The only reason someone should buy an Alienware notebook is if they're constantly moving back and forth between two or more permanent locations and don't feel like carting a desktop around. As was pointed out before, with one battery and any moderate use, they'll be spent in an hour. If you need a laptop to transfer date, it would be a lot lighter and easier to just buy an external drive and carry that around. Alienware laptops have a purpose for being, but you can't call them "mobile," when really they're just compact desktops.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Originally posted by psycho bob
the spacers are built into the screens aren't they? I assume that while these screens may have been made specifically for apple's 15in PB (please correct me if they are used else where!) they won't be manufactured to apple's design only their chosen resolution and dimensions. The LCD manufacturer will do that. And even if it was apple's fault of the thousands of 15in PB they ship only a small percentage must be effected other wise the outcry would be far greater and they would be forced to do something. Not saying its particularly nice for those who are effected by it mind. Are there any really clear photos of these white marks in everyday use (ie; normal screen shots with say an iapp open)?
I see no reason for the to be in the screen, but I suppose it's a possibility. And yes, there's a thread around about it and someone posted a pic where they are very apparent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.