In iOS 7 is there any Bluetooth connectivity between iPhone and MBP?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ShotByHisOwnSon, Aug 18, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 2, 2013
    Hey MacRumors,

Been lurking for a while but I'm just curious if anyone's had any luck with connecting their phone with their MacBook via Bluetooth?

I am still quite new to Apple devices and do not know the details as to why I couldn't connect with iOS 6 and truth be told am really hoping it'll be a feature I can access in the future.

My apologies if this is the wrong thread to discuss this in.

2. macrumors 68040

What exactly would the benefit of connecting your iPhone to your MBP via Bluetooth be?
  3. macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    Since you have the option of wifi syncing etc. I can't see Apple implementing a direct BT connection anytime soon...It's just not required.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 2, 2013
    Tethering them, just when I'm at work and need to do find/send schematics. But another option which came to mind is perhaps purchasing an iPad for that purpose.

That's a good thought, I never thought to try using the phone as a hotspot and connecting that way.

5. macrumors member

Oct 28, 2010
    Bradenton, FL
    With Dialogue for OS X you can use your Mac as a Bluetooth hands free device, not only taking calls but also initiating and recording them.

6. macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2013
    dialogue app

i just tried the dialogue app, it synced great and was able to place calls. the only problem was that no audio was being transmitted or received. it was just silence on both ends. I'm running OS X ML and iOS7 beta 6. do you think that iOS 7 was the issue?
  7. macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2013
    Nevermind, i must have not had all my bluetooth settings correct. it's working much better after going through the settings on my iMac. i think its great, there is some slight feedback, but I'm sure that will get fixed soon :)
  8. macrumors 68000

Jul 2, 2010
    You can do Internet tethering via Bluetooth. That's about it for practical reasons.
  9. macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2013
    any chance of getting voice control with this? i tried to applescript something, but i'm hopelessly unqualified. being able to call someone from a voice command like you can with siri would be really cool.