Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkB786

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
USA
Miss my Fitbit and the Fitbit app.

I loved my Fitbit One. So simple, and the FB app is great. But, since you don't wear the One on your wrist, easy to lose. And that's what I did on a business trip. :( Probably in the rental car. The AW is more of my personal assistant. Would be great if the number of steps was a choice for a watch face complication (or could be made to be one of the Activity rings). That would make me stop thinking about replacing my FB one.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I loved my Fitbit One. So simple, and the FB app is great. But, since you don't wear the One on your wrist, easy to lose. And that's what I did on a business trip. :( Probably in the rental car. The AW is more of my personal assistant. Would be great if the number of steps was a choice for a watch face complication (or could be made to be one of the Activity rings). That would make me stop thinking about replacing my FB one.

Used the Charge HR for a long time but now it has been replaced by the Charge 2. Not perfect but an improvement over the HR.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I still use my FitBit Charge along with my AW2. I wish the AW2 could track my sleep without having to press any buttons like the FitBit Charge. Plus the FitBit app motivates me more to work out with all the different challenges.

Last edited:

MarkB786

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
USA
Used the Charge HR for a long time but now it has been replaced by the Charge 2. Not perfect but an improvement over the HR.

The Charge 2 looks cool... But the $ and wearing two wrist devices is too much for me! Waiting to see if they update the One for the Holidays.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Deja vu, why would you buy other one?

I guess I was hoping the additional speed with new software would peak my interests.

My fault, I should have known. Have already printed a return label. Was going to keep but I still have a SS and SSSB AW1 units that if I want to wear they are waiting.

MarkB786

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
USA
wish the AW2 could track my sleep without having to press any buttons like the FItBit Charge.

Yes, this too. The iPhone sleep trackers are not that great, and I have yet to find a great sleep tracking app for the AW. The beauty of the FB is its simplicity and the way it seamlessly disappears into your daily life. Was it Jobs who said a product should be "invisible" or something like that? Exactly why I still think about the One even though I lost if after only a couple of weeks.

Reactions: jase1125

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I still use my FitBit Charge along with my AW2. I wish the AW2 could track my sleep without having to press any buttons like the FItBit Charge. Plus the FitBit app motivates me more to work out with all the different challenges.

The app is also what I miss so much. Plus the smaller size when compared to the AW.

Last edited:

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010

Download health view. Your can add steps as a complication then :)

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Yes, this too. The iPhone sleep trackers are not that great, and I have yet to find a great sleep tracking app for the AW. The beauty of the FB is its simplicity and the way it seamlessly disappears into your daily life. Was it Jobs who said a product should be "invisible" or something like that? Exactly why I still think about the One even though I lost if after only a couple of weeks.

I've tried several and they don't compare to the FitBit. None of them have been as accurate as my FitBit.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Miss my Fitbit and the Fitbit app.

I own the first Gen Stainless Steel and I was so close to purchasing Gen 2, but then I realized for me, Gen 2 is to much of the same as Gen 1 physically, aside from the GPS, screen and added water resistance.

I have never owned a Fitbit, but leaning towards giving it a try. But I still love my Apple Watch.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Would be great if the number of steps was a choice for a watch face complication

I have an app called Pedometer++ that does this. It calculates its own step count rather than take it from the Health App, but the two numbers are usually reasonably close, for me.
[doublepost=1475006235][/doublepost]
I have never owned a Fitbit, but leaning towards giving it a try. But I still love my Apple Watch.

I keep hearing good things about FitBit, so whenever I go to BestBuy I glance at them, then glance at my Apple Watch and think, nah, I'll stick with my Apple Watch. :p

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have an app called Pedometer++ that does this. It calculates its own step count rather than take it from the Health App, but the two numbers are usually reasonably close, for me.
[doublepost=1475006235][/doublepost]

I keep hearing good things about FitBit, so whenever I go to BestBuy I glance at them, then glance at my Apple Watch and think, nah, I'll stick with my Apple Watch. :p

For the price point, Fit Bits are always on sale as well. If I did purchase a Fit Bit, it would be the Blaze. But aesthetically, the Apple Watch easily wins in this category.

Vihzel

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
I've tried several and they don't compare to the FitBit. None of them have been as accurate as my FitBit.

That's interesting to say considering Fitbit has been found to be really inaccurate for step counting in many comparison tests.

exxxviii

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2015
I guess I was hoping the additional speed with new software would peak my interests.

My fault, I should have known. Have already printed a return label. Was going to keep but I still have a SS and SSSB AW1 units that if I want to wear they are waiting.
Your mistake was the assumption that Apple actually moved the needle from being a worst-in-class activity tracker. There is still no meaningful data sharing. Social linkages are rudimentary at best. The mobile app is basic. Simple point-features (like sleep tracking, resting HR, HR analysis, calorie intake, net calorie analysis) each require 3rd party apps instead of a single, integrated, holistic view. Battery life is still too short for 24/7 wearability. It still totally lacks a web interface for any activity data. Your data are trapped solely on your phone-- you cannot pickup your iPad to see how yesterday's activity was. Etc. It is still a worst-in-class activity tracker. It only has the feature set that basic devices had almost 10 years ago. For people coming from nothing, the activity tracking functions may look pretty cool. But, for people coming from Fitbit, Garmin, Jawbone, Misfit, Polar Microsoft, etc., the activity tracking functions are comically disjoint or simply absent.

The AW is a fantastic, extensible, smartwatch that integrates with the Apple ecosystem.

I wear both an AWS0 and a Fitbit Charge 2 now. The AW is my fun toy with the notifications, complications, alerts, Apple Pay, etc. The Fitbit handles 24/7 activity tracking, fun stuff like social connections, floors climbed, RHR, and sleep tracking. Then, I wear a Garmin for workouts. The Garmin feeds into both FB and Health, but the holistic view of my activities is superior in FB than it is in AW/iPhone Activity.

Last edited:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
For the price point, Fit Bits are always on sale as well. If I did purchase a Fit Bit, it would be the Blaze. But aesthetically, the Apple Watch easily wins in this category.

I have owned the Blaze and it is not as nice as it seems. Only bad thing about Fitbit is the lack of user customization. The Charge 2 does everything the Blaze does, even everything the Surge does it just is smaller and uses a different screen technology. The Charge 2 will go a full 5 days and then some before needing to be recharged. For the size it did it for me. At $149 if it gets beat up in 6-12 months, it is not a big deal to buy another. The bands do interchange giving the users some choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.