Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you had In n' Out Burger?

• Yes!!

Votes: 73 59.8%
  • No :(

Votes: 47 38.5%
  • Planning to.

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I'm from NY and never heard of Carl's Jr, In n' Out burger joints until i visited my friend in san diego. They're okay...i don't really eat fast food much, so i didn' think either of them were great.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
MBHockey said:
I'm from NY and never heard of Carl's Jr, In n' Out burger joints until i visited my friend in san diego. They're okay...i don't really eat fast food much, so i didn' think either of them were great.

Didn't you have Hardees there? The menu is basically the same as Carl's Jr. but Hardees is pretty much east coast with a few stores elsewhere in the U.S.A.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
Yeah I think if you go to In n' Out's website they have a location map. It is almost exclusively in california, but I think there are a few in Arizona and Nevada.

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
ha i'm going to in n out in 20 minutes for lunch

mmmmmmmm i love that damn place

anyone know all the secret menu items? (and the web site doesn't have all of them btw)

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
This is the only burger good enough for me :D :D

picture1nl8.png

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
In-n-Out is pretty good and I like how they are open until 2 am and all, but I like EZ Take Out better. Just like In-n-Out but with better fries IMHO.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
| 16. Hamburger & Fries
| Burger Joint
| San Francisco​

Good, but only the third best burger in San Francisco, at best.

Mo's comes in at number two.
Joe's Cable Car is the one that truly pwnz.

As for In-n-Out, it's really the only fast food joint I'll ever go to any more, even if I only go there once every few months. Animal Style all the way.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
Maid Rite is a really good hamber place in the midwest. Their specialty is loose meat sandwiches. Think sloppy joes without the sauce.

And if you're ever in Japan you have to try Wendy's Cheese Curry Burger. Fantastic!!! In fact maybe I'll get one today... :D

krimson

macrumors 65816
it5five said:
You tell people to undercook hamburger meat?!

You're pretty much asking for some sort of nasty bacteria there.

In N Out is the only place i'd ever ask for undercooked patty. I do it quite often.
--

I've been fortunate to have an In N Out near all my jobs. I like to switch it up and not order the same thing every time. Like... 2x2 animal med rare, 3x3 protein animal, 2x2 animal xtra fried mustard, 2x3 animal xtra grilled onions, 3x2 protein xtra fried mustard... oh the combinations... *drool*

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
California.
Good burgers, scary pushing the word of god nonsense.

Check under the bottom of your cup of coke next time you get an In'n'out burger. John18:01 or something... weird. Still, best fast food around.

Oh, and I was wondering what happened to Baja Fresh, the quality went down hill, now I know. Sad to see another good food place change. :(

strydr

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2005
SoCal
me hate windows said:
Funny as it sounds, but I really like the burgers from Del Taco. Get the Bacon Double Del, and tell them to undercook it. In n' Out is a close second in the fast food category, though.

hahaha, I second your vote for Del Taco. I love In `N Out (double double, grilled onions), but I love me a bacon Double Del. Also, if you're in South Orange County, check out A's. There's one right next to my (old) local In `N Out, and I always have a hard time deciding between those two.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Zwhaler said:
In n' Out Burger.

Anyone else love these things?

for a chain, they are better than mcdonald's, burger king, and carl's jr., but are not as good as most mom and pop joints

overall, they are tops, dollar for dollar...we have one in silicon valley, actually several, but the closest to me is is gilroy, ca which is south of san jose

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Never had one.

But I loved the joke William Gibson made about it in Virtual Light, where Rydell and Chevette drive by an abandoned In 'n Out Burger whose sign has lost a couple of letters, resulting in the following:

IN N' OUT URGE

:p

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
Another guy chiming in for Five Guys. Hehe, there's actually 2 locations within a 10min drive from my house. One next to the Best Buy on Shady Grove Rd, and the other in Kentlands Square.

In n' Out is nice too tho...but maybe cuz I can only get it when I'm visiting relatives/cousins in Cali--probably romanticizes the experience a bit then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.