In-N-Out...the BEST hamburger ever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacAztec, Aug 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

How many of you have been to an In-N-Out burger? They make the BEST hamburgers in the world!

Fresh beef, fresh tomatos, fresh lettuce (you can see them washing it in the back), and fresh cut potatos for french fries.

I usually order 2x Double-Doubles Animal Style. Or 1x Cheeseburger and a 4by4.

A 4by4 is 4 pieces of meat, 4 slices of cheese. Soooo good...

Check them out!
    In-N-Out

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I think we had a best burger thread a while back and In-N-Out was mentioned quite a bit. I had an opportunity to make a visit earlier this year when I was in San Diego. They're good, but there is a small chain here in DC that makes better ones - Five Guys.

http://www.fiveguys.com/images/articles/03-zag.html

zagats says it all! :D

Yummy!

D

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Good burgers, but I hate getting preached to by my burger wrapper so I don't go there anymore.

4. davy the bunny macrumors regular

I guess this will slowly turn into a "Who do you think makes the best burgers?" thread but I have to say that the one time that I've had an In-B-Out Burger in Las Vegas, I didn't like it at all. It was all smushed and wet and gross. I'm sure it was just one bad experience, but my favorite burger has gotta be a Double Cheeseburger from Braums'. I don't know if they have Braums' anywhere besides the South, but it's just utterly wonderful as far as a Burger and fries combo go. . . cheap too.

5. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Yea, that would suck to get one like that. In-N-Out is pretty cheap too. Its like 1.50 for a cheeseburger, and 2.50 for a Double Double

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I make the best burgers I know of, cuz I like grinding the meat myself so I can cook my burgers medium rare without fear. Well done beef is sacreligious IMHO.

7. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Yea, I cook everything at medium rare and I never think twice about it. Chicken is the only thing i really cook.

8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

...isn't in and out the chain that killed all those kdis in the mid 90's from food posioning....i'm not afraid to try it but isn't that the chain? We don't have them in the midwest

9. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

the best thing about cooking beef yourself is all the poo from the cow intestines that ends up in your sink, on your hands, etc..

mmmmm

10. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

No, I think that was Jack In The Box.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Same here, I usually pull meat off at about 125 - 130 degrees, but chicken doesn't come out until it hits 160.

12. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hehe, I never use the thermometer things though. When I cook a burger patty (on a grill), I usually wait until blood starts to rise on one side, then I flip it. Once juice starts rising on the other side, I flip it again, put cheese ontop, let it melt, then take it off.

13. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Re: In-N-Out...the BEST hamburger ever!

When i was in CA i only went there 3x, i regret not going back more :( so cheap and sooo good

14. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

It was. But Jack In The Box is actually back in force now and around here is open 24x7 witha huge menu.

The higher priced food is actually good, but the 99 cent menu is terrible.

- Doc

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah I actually got one because of my paranoia about chicken. I was always cooking the hell out of it just to be safe and I got sick of dry chicken. Now the chicken is moist and delicious! Meat's pretty easy to guage with your finger though.

16. jadariv macrumors regular

All I ever heard was "In and Out" when I moved out here to California. I will admit it is good, but I think it is just what people grew up on out here.

My personal favorite burger comes from a chain in Nebraska called Runza. The swiss mushroom burger is so good.

17. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Licks up here in Canada makes a damn good burger. Also Jack Astors up here makes a good burger too.

18. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

Best Burger around here (Texas) is Whataburger. No comparison

Best in California is FatBurger. In and Out is cheap, but it ain't THAT good.

19. Mac til death macrumors regular

Come to Memphis.

Eat at Huey's... :)

I've never had a burger from In-N-Out, which I'm sure is great (I'd love to try it), but Huey's have good burgers too. :)

20. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

oo, fatburger; they got a couple of those in Washington State :D They have excellent food, although they are a bit expensive for fast food style eating.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I saw a story on TV about a restaurant in New York where they specialized in really high end versions of regular food. They had a $50 hamburger made from Kobe beef. Now I bet that's tasty.

22. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

I love those burgers... a 3x3 is the best, IMHO. Their fries, on the other hand, are crap. Wendy's has the best fries. At jack in the box, the Sourdough Jack is the best thing there.

23. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I've had In N Out, and I must say, I don't see the big deal. It's pretty good, but certainly nothing to rave over.

24. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I used to get them without meat. They called them grilled cheeses, even though they had lettuce, tomato, smothered with ketchup, fries (those were good), and a chocolate milk shake to wash it down. Pretty good for fast food. Alas, there are no In-and-Outs up here (Tacoma, WA area). No Carls Jr. either, not that I miss that much.

I cook at home a lot anyway, so... no biggie.

25. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Never tried an In-an-Out. I don't know if there are any in the austin area.

Personally, I don't think it gets better than a junior bacon cheeseburger from wendy's :), though.

$0.99 for a great tasting burger?!?!

3 of those + a drink = a cheap, good meal.

and as a disclaimer I would like to say that I did not ever say that it is healthy - just good. ;).

scem0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.