In Need Of Bluetooth Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zflauaus, Nov 25, 2005.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Okay, tonight my parents said I could order the wireless keyboard and mouse on the Apple Store. I'm looking to the wireless Apple mouse but am kind of scared because of the lack of right click and scroll wheel. Is there another bluetooth mouse you would recommend?

2. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

The only good BT mouse i know of is the Logitech MX900, but unfortuneately they dont sell it anymore. If time isint of importance I would wait for the BT mighty mouse, if they ever come out with one.

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Get the Logitech MX1000.

I had the Apple Bluetooth mouse and wouldn't recommend it. It has nothing to do with the one button, which I actually like. The mouse felt heavy and suffered from occasional lagginess.

The MX1000 isn't bluetooth but it is wireless, although you'll have to give up one of your USB ports.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

It's an amazing mouse for both Windows and Mac. I have it on a KVM and I now feel uncomfortable without all the extra buttons.

5. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

My mom is going to get me the Apple Wireless mouse for Christmas. Yes they are heavy, but for my iBook, I don't want to take up a USB port so the Bluetooth mouse will be great. Just one problem I need to tell her though, I will need rechargable batteries, I heard that thing eats them up.

6. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

They do. The bluetooth keyboard is ok but the mouse goes through batteries like it's Wenslaydale Cheese.

(bad Walllace and Gromit reference:eek: :p )

7. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the help guys. I'll just talk to my parents about getting the Logitech instead. Any suggestions on how to convince them besides all the buttons?

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its got a fricken lazer!!!

and has built in batteries, a stand to recharge on too. its a nice mouse, but with my powerbook, i want BT. ;)

9. Megatron macrumors regular

which eats batteries faster - bluetooth mice or normal wireless mice? I assume normal wireless is just an infrared connection?

Also - what exactly is the advantage of bluetooth? The fact that you don't need a usb adaptor?

10. Meyvn macrumors 6502

Batteries depend on each individual mouse. The best move is just to go with one that comes with a recharging cradle. I would recommend the Macally BT Micro; it's a great mouse, but it does have one flaw: it has a tendency towards high sensitivity, so you have to turn it down kinda low. I'm hoping Macally will release its regular-sized BT mouse soon though; it looks quite promising. I'm going to hold out with a USB mouse until that one comes out and then make a "final decision," I suppose.

11. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

12. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

It's ugly and gets in the way.

Why have a wire, when you can go wireless?

13. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

I got the MX1000 yesterday, Its a really good mouse. I would reccomend it, the laser technology is awesome. Im able to use it on my glass desk without any loss of tracking.

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That's one... it's also intercompatible. You don't have to install anything -- you just pair it with whatever computer you want. Also, IR wireless mice are line-of-sight to the detector, although I think there are also RF wireless mice that are not line-of-sight. This can actually be useful, at least to me. I can take my mouse in hand and press the button to advance slides in a powerpoint presentation, and walk around the front of the room without worrying. :)

15. Kalinatek macrumors regular

i have the apple BT mouse n keyboard , they r great no problems @ all , working 100% .

:cool:

they would also look better than any other brand mouse/keyboard with ur mac..

16. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

I'm using a Kensington PilotMouse Bluetooth Mini - two buttons and a scroll wheel. About $49 from TigerDirect. Comfortable, and no problems.

BB99

17. liquidh2o macrumors 6502

I second the MX900, it's a solid BT mouse that has a nice feel to it.

18. Meyvn macrumors 6502

The problem of course with any Logitech or Kensington mouse being that it's not Mac-designed, so it looks kinda ugly with a Mac. It's almost as bad as having a wired good-looking mouse.

19. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Except for some functionality is far more important than aesthetics.

I bought my Mac because of OSX and what it enables me to do not because it's shiny. Although that is a nice bonus ;)

20. Megatron macrumors regular

I would agree - functionality in an input device as crucial as the mouse trumps aesthetics at least for me.

How long are we talking for the battery life of these bluetooth mice? A month? more?

21. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the help guys! I just ordered the MX 1000 and the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. Can't wait! Only thing, I can't use it until Christmas, it's part of my Christmas gifts.:rolleyes:

22. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

Well X-Mas is only 29 days to go!

23. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

And it breaks... my apple mouse's wire broke... now Im looking for a new one and highly considering a Logitech MX1000.

24. Megatron macrumors regular

How exactly did the wire break???

25. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

If the MX-900 had an on/off switch and a laser it would be perfect. I'd still buy one as it is, though.