In need of help... (with resumé)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by XNine, Oct 13, 2006.

1. XNine macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2005
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    So, I spent three years at my company, and I just got laid off with about 100 other people across the nation. My division (the one that makes all of the money) wasn't supposed to be affected. But guess what, we were. I'm not here begging for jobs, though if you have one in the Denver area, I might take it.

Anyone good with resumés? May need some pointers/edits on mine. I'll have it finished up in a couple of hours. If anyone wants to assist, please post or PM.
  2. beatsme macrumors 65816

Oct 6, 2005
    wish I could help you with the job thing...sorry :(

though I can totally relate. I got laid off last year around this time...always nice to get boned before the holiday season, ain't it?

anyway, hang in there. And don't rule out going back to school; I did and it's turned out to be a really positive life experience for me.
  3. NeoMac macrumors regular

Feb 10, 2006
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I was let go last summer too. There are a bunch of good resume templates and samples on the microsoft office website. I hope that helps a bit.
  4. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    I was laid off just about a year ago myself. I wound up in a much better place because of it though, so hang in there.
  5. Da Bear macrumors newbie

Da Bear

Nov 30, 2006
    Resume Building

You can download sample resumes from any peer-to-peer software. But you cannot relate to them, thats the secret. Only get the layout out from them, because honestly they look great. And I myself am pretty bad at arts, I would just write and write in arial and hell somebody else will put flowers around the same context and gets a recognition for it. So presenting yourself is very important. That should get anyone started.

I need help with writing context to applying for Apple's financial division. Is anyone in here expert for that or is already member of AFD.

If anybody knows how to make a .doc into .pdf file, im me please.

6. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

Sep 13, 2003
    Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    on 10.3 and higher its easy. Open up the doc and hit print. There is a little popup on the print dialog that says "save as PDF."
  7. inlimbo macrumors 6502

Jan 29, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
  8. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    Who was the MR member that was opening a new branch of whatever his company was in Denver? Maybe you could catch on to them...