in need of speakers..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dorqiekat, Nov 16, 2004.

1. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

Jul 3, 2004
    My speakers are about to croak out on me.. had them for years and the wires are finally gone. The sound is still great and I loved having them.. but now only one side works. I was thinking of replacing the wires, but the pain of finding the right one.. I think it's about time for a new speaker. I'm very poor so the really nice ones are out of the question. And I cant keep listening to one side, or my PB's internal ones. Any thoughts? I was thinking of the JBL Creature II Speakers. :)
  2. JasonL macrumors regular

Feb 13, 2004
    Ware, MA
    Well, I was all set to spend my money on a set of Klipsch Promedia GMX A-2.1 speakers. Then I came across a pretty good deal on some Cambridge Soundworks 2.1 speakers for under $60 shipped to my door. I'm very happy with them. Check them out here.

Good luck.
  3. Qianlong macrumors regular

Oct 23, 2004
  4. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    The BEST 2.1 Audio solution you can get is the Logitech Z-2200. They are AWESOME. I saw them on Amazon for $100 with a $50 mail in rebate a few weeks ago, so $50 total. I am going to get them for Christmas. Here are the specs:

Technical Specifications
    Total RMS power: 200 watts RMS
    Satellites: 80 watts RMS (40w x 2)
    Subwoofer: 120 watts RMS
    Total peak power: 400 watts
    Frequency response: 35Hz - 20kHz

Here's a link
  5. JasonL macrumors regular

Feb 13, 2004
    Ware, MA
    Well, this was intriguing so I logged on to Amazon. They are just about $150 and I don't see anything about a rebate. :confused:

If anyone can get those for $50 after rebate I'd say to jump all over it.