Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rocko918

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Bristow , Va
I have a kodak camera and i just want to open it as a HD. I have a little movie on it that i want to pull off but imovie does not reconize it as a camera. So i was wondering if i could up it up as a HD and then pull the file off myself. When i open up iphoto it does not bring that file over.

thanks!!!!

KentuckyApple

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2003
Chicago, IL
re:

In my experience, i have not used iphoto. I use the other Apple util. (name escapes me) to download 'some' of the photos. Here you can select individual files, the movie should show up. You can identify it by seeing the first frame hopefully. I dont think it will be marked as a video. Anyway, select it and download it. Good luck.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
use image capture to get movie clips off the camera. clips usually have a different name. i have a canon s230. images start with IMG while movie clips start with MVI. so you should know which ones to grab.

i do not know of a way to make the camera show up as a HD... except by using a flash card reader.

litosclone

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2003
City of the Crosses
The program you need to use is Image Capture, it's found in your applications folder. IC opens the cameras memory card and allows you to view and download your pictures and videos. It's a strange thing; all the Kodak cameras I've used will not mount on the desktop. Image Capture is a nice program, and after using it, I access all digital camera downloads though it.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
Originally posted by krimson
that is wierd, because my Nikon shows up at a removeable, and i just open that up and copy my files to my other HD's... i've never used iPhoto or anything else.

probably depends on the manufacturer of the camera - it seems to be not universal.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
first, it's "weird." :D

what kind of camera does he have? i have a s230 and it doesn't mount on the desktop.

it's possible that selecting a default application (such as iPhoto) to launch when camera is connected *could* suppress it from mounting on the desktop.

(sort of like iPod not showing up on desktop unless you specify FWHD mode?)

iPhoto/Image Capture have worked for me, but i'd like to know for the knowledge sake...

krimson

macrumors 65816
Originally posted by jxyama
first, it's "weird." :D

what kind of camera does he have? i have a s230 and it doesn't mount on the desktop.

it's possible that selecting a default application (such as iPhoto) to launch when camera is connected *could* suppress it from mounting on the desktop.

(sort of like iPod not showing up on desktop unless you specify FWHD mode?)

iPhoto/Image Capture have worked for me, but i'd like to know for the knowledge sake...

that's wierd, i thought i spelled wierd correctly! LOL j/k

i have an "ie" problem. ;)

i dont know what camera he has, but it sort of looks like a elph but larger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.