In search for an ibook.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nyprospect, Jan 8, 2005.

1. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Hi it has been while since i posted anything.I purchased a powerbook 12" 1.33 a while back.I had a bad experience and shyed away from any mac products.Still on pc.I dont have very much to invest in a laptop,but would like one .Preferably a ibook.I hear the older ibooks have logic board issues so im worried if i buy a used one,it would turn to crap.I wont ne crunching serious numbers or graphic intense tasks.Can anyone suggest anything.I will spend up to 300 up to 500 us.thanks so much.

2. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

What happened with the 12" PB... The 1.33 is the current model. :confused:

3. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

4. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Didn't mean where is it... Wondered what the bad experience was.

5. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh.The battery would bad and would shut down after 30 minutes.I know thats no reason to shy away from a powerbook but it was new and i made a big investment.It messed with my head a bit. :)

6. Mertzen macrumors 6502

Mertzen

It must have messed you up big time since you would have gotten a replacement battery from Apple for free .. and $500 aint gonna buy you a lot of Apple laptop ..

7. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Macs hold their value amazingly well. As in, 6 year old Macs still sell for a few hundred dollars. As in, you have to realize that a Mac that will cost $500 and will also be a Mac that will run OS X will get you a G3, middle-end.

Apple had a logic-board program because they realized that it was an issue and G3 owners could get their logic boards swapped out. Some, because they racked up so many issues, received brand-new iBooks (G4s). That is good customer service.

8. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Apple wasn't willing to work with you on the battery issue?