In Store Availability for Apple TV?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mrsollars, Sep 28, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Oct 30, 2006
    Does anyone have a date for in store availability?

haven't seen it announced or on the forum yet. My local 'genius' was clueless and recommended the 'old' apple tv, if i needed it immediately.

so, i ask you all......

2. macrumors newbie

Mar 11, 2010
    I have called around to a few stores in my area (Portland, OR) and none have them yet. They said it would be in before the end of the week so I am expecting tomorrow or thursday.
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 30, 2006
    just got off the phone with the plaza store (kc, mo) and the girl i got said 2-3weeks. mid to late october. seems pretty far off.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Apr 28, 2010
    I am hoping they come into store by end of week. If Ifixit does a good tear down and they find 512mb of ram and 16 GB of flash storage...I am gonna mosey on down to one of the apple stores and get me a backup Apple TV. I have more than one HDTV so....having multiple Apple TVs are a no brain er.
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 30, 2006
    i can't believe it hasn't been mentioned somwhere. when they hit stores that is.....
  6. macrumors regular

May 30, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I've tried calling my local store twice and no one will answer.
  7. macrumors 6502

Sep 15, 2010
    I don't think you are going to get any Apple employee that can tell you when they will be there. Most employees, including retail and tech/sales support are not given advance info.

So basically, before the new ATV is in store there will be an absence of info...and as soon as they are there you will see many posts here and on other forums by users trying to be the first to proclaim that they are available.

My guess is that they will have display units beginning Thursday or Friday morning... and then units will be available for sale roughly at the same time that the pre-ordered units start getting to customers. The hard part is that we do not yet know when Apple is instructing FedEx to start allowing deliveries. Soon hopefully.
  8. macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2008
    NYC flagship store said it will be in their store by "end of September", so anytime this week. He said call back through Thursday everyday for availability. I had called to check before realizing my Sept 9 pre-order already shipped with those that ordered Sept 1st.
  9. macrumors 68000

Jul 13, 2007

I was in an applestore today, the manager was confident about Thursday but said they will only have 50 or 60 of them
  10. macrumors 6502

Oct 9, 2008
    I ordered from when I get it, I get it.
  11. macrumors 68020

Apr 26, 2003
    Amen to that :D I pre order and they arrive in the store before my order gets here. I wait to purchase from the Retail Store and the on-line orders are flowing in before I ever see them in the store.

You can't out guess them :D
  12. macrumors 6502

Feb 27, 2008
    I called the store in Leawood and as usual they had no idea when it would be in.
  13. macrumors 68040

Feb 15, 2010
    Boston, MA
    I'm banking on tomorrow but I gotta meet in 2 malls today so I'll check both apple stores just in case.
  14. macrumors newbie

Mar 10, 2008
    Was just in the Apple store in Tysons Corner in Northern Virginia and they had no clue as to when they would get them in store.
  15. macrumors newbie

Sep 16, 2008
    In Store!

Called the store on Lincoln Rd, in Miami Beach, FL. They were in-store this morning, sold out as of right now.
  16. macrumors 6502a

Apr 28, 2010
    WOW already sold out?

Dang this thing is really going to be popular.

$99 for a IOS device that connects to your TV? A no brainer...
  17. macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2009
    Anyone try any Best Buy stores? I called a couple days ago and the person I talked to didn't even seem sure they were carrying the new :apple:tv (they were just assuming they would based on the other apple products they carry).
  18. macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Indianapolis Keystone store received a shipment today, but they have already sold out. Wonder how many were sent to the stores.
  19. macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2009
    Just called the same store and they told me that they didn't have it in stock and didn't anticipate having it in stock when it comes to stores either.
  20. macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2003
    Washington, DC

Called the local (Clarendon, VA) store before lunch and was told they had very few. Now they have one fewer....

When I showed up to buy, the clerk I spoke with seemed to be as surprised as me that they were in. I'll post another thread.
  21. macrumors 68040

Feb 15, 2010
    Boston, MA
    My girlfriend is enroute to get mine right now! Success!
  22. macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2002
    Called a few stores in Phoenix area - none arrived today at Camelback, Chandler or San Tan Village. They have it in Scottsdale store, going to go and pick one up.
  23. macrumors newbie

Sep 29, 2010
    ATV at Oak Brook, IL Apple Store

Just bought one there.
  24. macrumors member

Oct 11, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Beverly Center in LA

Just purchased the first unit they unpacked at the Beverly Center here in LA. They weren't even on the floor yet! If you are local and need to pick one up, I'd hurry over.

As of noon, none of the other stores in Los Angeles had them or knew when they were due...
  25. macrumors member

Jun 26, 2009
    Purchased one in So. Cal during my lunch break. They only received 12 and sold about 5 so far.