In store education discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mrgreen4242, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Hi all-

What do you need to get the EDU discount from an Apple retail store? Just a student ID, or do you need a copy of a current transcript or somethign as well?

Thanks,
    Rob

2. Logik macrumors 6502a

i heard you do need a student id (not sure if you need the other info).. remember you cannot get software edu discounts in store.. you have to order online. which brings me to online educational discount, they did not ask me whether i was really a student, no verification at all. however i heard they do randomly check.

3. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

At most you will need a student ID. I have bought stuff there before without my ID, but they want to look at my driver's license to "register" me in the computer or look to see if I'm in there. I suppose in this case, they are going on the same honor system/possible random check as the online store uses.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

5. deral macrumors regular

deral

Mah little brudder nevah had one ID (dunno why not), so den he went show them his schedule printed from the interweb, and then the lady said it was okay.

6. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.