In-store financing....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by weeag, Dec 15, 2006.

1. weeag macrumors regular

Dec 27, 2005
    I just called the local Apple Store and the staffer I talked to didn't seem to know much about their financing so I'm wondering if you guys do.

I see on the online Apple Store that you can do some type of monthly payment for a purchase but I also see something about 90 days same as cash. Are these options different? Are they both available in-store or is it only for on-line purchases? Also, this is a business purchase, does that make a difference?

I'm planning on driving two hours today to possibly make a purchase and don't want to if I'm not going to be able to get the financing I need.

Thanks for the input!
  2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens
    Rule #1 about buying stuff:

if you cant afford it, dont get it.

Financing same as cash 90days is cool if you can come up with the cash in 90 days or less.

Its not a credit card, and its not a loan.

Once 90days is up, the balance that is left gets finances charges (interest) and usually added on top is all the interest that WOULD HAVE accrued during the 90 day grace period.

In the end, if you are coming into some money in 90 days and cant wait. Go for it.

If you cant afford it now, and want to spread it out over months at a time.

Look into getting a 0% intro APR credit card for the purchase.

Dont buy it.
  3. weeag thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 27, 2005
    Thanks for the advice, but I have considered all this before deciding on the purchase. I'm in the midst of a business start and credit is inevitable. So the question still stands as to what financing is available in-store and what is available for business purchases.

(Don't mean to sound short or unappreciative, I do appreciate the community looking out for each other!)

4. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2002
    They call this an interest free option in the UK.